Systems for Dynamic Vessel Analysis
Dynamic vessel analysis reveals the state of a patient’s microvascular health and offers a unique method for detecting the vascular risk of patients very early on.
As worldwide unique system to investigate the function of vessels as well as their regulation, the Dynamic Vessel Analyzer (DVA) has been specifically developed for the method of dynamic vessel analysis. For this purpose, image sequences of the ocular fundus are recorded and analysed. The examination is performed non-invasively and under real-time conditions and is completely painless for patients. The standard application of the DVA is the investigation of the microvascular dysfunction (MVD) which plays a vital part in many microcirculation disorders as well as vascular diseases in various organs. Further applications can be found in research.
- All vessel sections that need to be examined are marked in the image of the ocular fundus
- The DVA system determines the vessel diameters for these sections along the location and time
- All data is saved in a 3D database which can be analysed according to different questions
- Functional diagnostics: Using the video function, any stimulation, disturbance or event can be introduced to trigger and investigate specific vessel functions or reactions
As a special feature, the DVA system enables functional diagnostics which allows different autoregulative mechanisms to be stimulated or triggered separately during the recording of video sequences. By recording and evaluating these vascular responses, the mechanisms can be investigated and analysed accordingly.
Functional diagnostics, such as using flicker light as standard application, enables the examination of the vascular endothelial function and its nitric-oxide mechanism (flow induced autoregulation).
In addition to examining the large retinal vessels, the DVA system can also be used to study the behaviour of the capillaries as well as capillary regulation mechanisms, such as neurovascular coupling.
The new DVA 3.0 – the third generation of modern vessel analysis
The DVA 3.0, the third generation of our innovative DVA system, has been specifically developed for use in clinical routine. Featuring a compact and lightweight design, it offers the same optical imaging quality as the DVA+.
Features & Benefits:
- Painless, non-invasive examination
- High-precision optics and analysis features
- Standard examination protocol with flicker light
- 3 flicker cycles
- Image angle: 40°
- Technical measuring resolution < 1 µm
- Image resolution and resolution in vessel direction: 10 µm
- Time resolution: 40 ms
- Macula aperture
- Compact design for easy operation and maximum user flexibility
- Improved reproducibility of analysis results (internal fixation)
DVA 3.0 res – innovative system for research
The new DVA 3.0 can also be upgraded for research purposes using the following options:
- Digital video recorder for precise time recording of examination sequences and patient-related storage of video image sequences
- Free access to the design of measurement protocols
- ECG-wave interface for pulse recording and synchronisation (hardware and software module)
- Interface for recording of blood pressure (hardware and software module)
- Preparation of interfaces for further options
- Module for pulse analysis